Thursday, September 17

Homemade Spaghetti Sauce and Margaritas on my roof

Last night after work, I waited on a friend to get off, and we came back to my place to hang. Since everybody at work knows I'm a vegetarian, most have avoided my cooking since it lacks Misery & Death. I've made food for some of them a few times. So I was in the mood to cook at 11 PM, I have an evening job. It gets kinda lonely always cooking for just yourself.

I decide to make some Gluten free Spelt Spaghetti, and I wanted to prove my prowess in the kitchen so my sauce is from scratch. 2 cans tomato sauce, 1 can tomato paste, and one large can peeled and stewed tomatoes. I added in a tube of the Gimme Lean sausage, and some minced garlic. Then a whole bunch of spices, oh yeah I also put in one of my favorite things of all time hot sauce. I would of loved to add in mushrooms, olives, and onions, but I literally created this in about 15 minutes start to finish. It was delicious. It almost reminded me of my mommas.

Martha and me ate, made a couple of margaritas. Popped the screen outta my living room window and climbed onto the first story roof of my building. Hung out, drunk the tequila thats been in my fridge for like 3 months now, and talked till about 4 in the morning. It was a blast.

My friend Martha and I work at a nice Italian restaurant, and my Spaghetti with "meat" sauce was way better, and way better for you. Sorry, no pics. It made for delicious leftovers today too, and tomorrow.

I've been pinching every dime I can lately. I am SOOO broke, its just not even funny. So I haven't gone out to get drinks with friends lately, no shopping. I'm gonna apply for a second job tomorrow. I have a few places in mind. I know the cheapest places to get all the stuff I buy. The only stuff I'm willing to pay high prices for are my organic veggies, and healthy foods. I've actually found some good-for-ya foods at Big Lots, and they are crazy CHEAP too. I know that sounds odd, but check it out. Then TJ Maxx has a lot of sauces, dressings, and things of nature from Trader Joes. I wish there was a Trader Joes close to Louisville.

I'm hoping to make a trip up to Cincinatti to the Ikea store in the next couple of weeks. I bought what I thought were these glass paneled lights that mount to the wall. I actually only bought the the glass panels, I didnt get the mounting wall brackets or the invisi-cords. I know I won't be able to make the trip to Cinci for at least a month or so.

I've been writing this blog for about 2 1/2 hours now. I was watching TrueBlood, and now I'm finishing up The Express. Not Pineapple Express. This movie is SOOOOOOO GOOD. I recommend it to everyone. It's just about over, so goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment