Wednesday, May 13

Back in Action

Hi all!!! I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for the obnoxiously long lack of blogging. Generally the only reason I get online is to blog, see what my friends are up to, and occasionally google something. I was too busy actually being with the friends to blog, so I figured my camera deserves a break.

My last post basically talked about the Kentucky Derby. It was a complete blast.

Last Tuesday, my first real day out of surgery I ended up going to a concert about 1 1/2 hours away to see Soulcrate and Mac Lethal (for the second time). They are very underground white hip hop artists. Their music is very unconventional but I love it.



That is Soulcrate



My friend Larissa whom I went up there with and Mac. The pic of me and him was ridiculously blurry (sad).

He actually remembered us from the last time he played in NC, but we didn't get to chill with him this time. He's got a new song out called Undertow which you can find right here. Once u get past the first minute, it gets really fun to dance to.

Nothing too exciting happened while I was home. My foot actually started hurting a bit yesterday. I had my flight back home today, because my follow-up with the ortho doc was today. I was really hoping they would finally take the pin out of my foot. No dice, all they did was look at it. If I'd known that, I would have had them push it back a week, and I would have spent another week back home. I hate to say it, but I miss home A LOT. I just know that I can't move back there. I get too lazy, too comfortable in my routine of pretty much having a paycheck to paycheck job. That is not what I want out of life. There is just so much more for me here, and I need to keep reminding myself of this.

Oh and here is a pic of my broken self



I'm not going to lie, I was not the healthiest eater in the world while I was home. I did manage not to snack though. I am very proud to say that I only gained 1 Lb while on my trip, and considering I usually put on 10 Lbs. I live this super healthy life-style here in Louisville and lose weight, just to gain it back there, then have to lose it again. Its a horrible cycle. I am hoping that I finally broke it.

I can't put absolutely any excess weight or pressure on my foot. Walking for any more than a few steps kind of sucks, not because its painful, but I'm just super slow.

I went up to the Home Goods store, and I was really needing a new quilt (bedspread) because my down comforter is entirely to hot right now. I found this awesome organic cotton one, with matching pillows too. Lots of light blue and green. I love it

Now I'm back here finally, laying on top of my own bed, and its pretty nice. I need to go to Whole Foods, almost my entire stock of veggies went bad while I was gone.

I was super hungry for my dinner,there was nothing that I could have really made besides spinach fett, and vodka sauce.



It was nothing special, but I figured I should at least include 1 food pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment