Sunday, February 8

Life's Good

For a while there it seemed that my life was still at a stand-still. Here in the past few days everything has seemed to do a 180. I finally got a job. It's not the greatest job, but pay is pretty good and I only have to deal with it till March when the "real" job kicks in. Also, I've been accepted to UofL. So I'm super excited. I've recently met a guy, he's pretty cool.

Woke up at 8:30 so I could have ample time to get ready and look presentable for my orientation. Breakfast involved a Blueberry Bliss Luna Bar, and a cup of almond milk. I can't believe I've never tried that before. Almond milk is so delicious, it tastes about 50 times better than soy and less calories. It has a bit less protein, but let me just say this, WOW. Work seems simple enough. They made me fill out some paperwork and gave me a book to look over. I start tomorrow night.

Made it to the post office to mail Claudia a package of some goodies I picked up for her. Unfortunately, there is no Whole Foods or any remotely healthy grocery stores where we are from. So I sent her some stuff that she has been wanting to try, and her x-mas gift that I forgot when I flew down there in December.

I made it to the gym, I really pushed it out on the cross-trainer. I was super sweaty and dead tired when I got off after an hour. Normally in an hour I burn an average of 650 calories. Today it was almost 800. I made it home just in time to catch the latest episode of Burn Notice that I missed on Wednesday.

After my workout I talked to Ris, I was feeling so dizzy and shaky. I am completely out of fruit so I need to go shopping here in a few days. I think I was feeling like that because I have cut out pretty much all processed foods and sugars. So I grabbed another Luna. About an hour later I had a one cup of this Cambells healthy select soup. it was decent. Im saving the last half of the can for tomorrow.

I FINALLY put away that dreaded laundry. I think there is a belt loose in my dryer because its taking a bit longer to dry my clothes than usual.

Dinner was completely amazing. I've been creating this recipe in my head so I decided to try it out tonight. I was really scared it would turn out bad, and he would think I'm a horrible cook.

Pizza from Scratch
  • Preheat Oven to 425
  • Homemade pizza dough use gluten free flour instead
  • Brush on small amount of EVO on rolled out dough
  • Pesto from Scratch, Found recipe from Giada de Laurentis's Everyday Italian cookbook
  • Light sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • Mozzarella, freshly grated is best
  • diced up Onions
  • Roma Tomatoes, thinly sliced
  • Salt to Taste
  • Bake for 15 minutes

It was honestly one of the best dishes I've ever made. It also was really quick to prepare. I swear I love my Magic Bullet. He really liked it too, so that made me happy. After he left I got everything in the kitchen all cleaned up, and now I'm all ready for bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment