Saturday, January 10

Motivated

MOTIVATED MOTIVATED
DOWN RIGHT DEDICATED
OH AH I WANNA KILL SOMEBODY
OH AH I WANNA KILL RIGHT
NOWWWWWW

That was a chant we did at basic to get pumped up sometimes. Today I am the human example of motivated. Woke up made some cottage cheese with tangelos, and a half of a whole grain english muffin. Shortly after I went to the gym. Did an hour on the cross-trainer, ramp 10, resistance 10. It was all good, but my Ipod froze just 5 minutes into my workout. I was not deterred, and persevered. Then worked 30 minutes on my belly (one day to be abs) and another 30 on my chest, shoulders, and a bit of arms.



I finally made it down to the locally owned Amazing Grace foods store. I bought polenta, more hummus, and pumpkin butter. I went home and flipped throuh my Giada's Everyday Italian cookbook. Found one the way that she prepares polenta. It involved marinara. So instead I just lightly fried two pieces and grilled some eggplant. Oh, by the way, I almost caught my kitchen on fire.


It was super yummy.


Two hours later I was hungry again. My sandwich was about as big as a biscuit. So i made a good hearty SALAD, it involved baby leaf spinach, cherry tomatoes, portabello mushrooms, eggplant, and julienned red peppers. I grilled the last 3 on my awesome GF grill. I finished it off with a vidallia onion vinagrette. It was good, I think I will use a lighter dressing. This one was much to over-powering. I'm finishing up the salad right now, while typing this. Also I'm half watching the Golden Compass.

Later on tonight Paul and I are supposed to go out, possibly Phoenix Hill. We were supposed to go out but he had to wake up at 7. So instead we headed to Texas Roadhouse, where I drank 2 roadies. and got pretty buzzed. It involved tequila, triple sec, grand marnier, and cranberry. Very delicious. The food was followed by a trip the movie theater where I watched Gran Torino. That was possibly one of the best films I've seen in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment